NIBA's current campaigns
NIBA is the peak representative body for the insurance broking profession in Australia. NIBA presents a single united voice on a wide range of issues to government, regulators and the media for a wide range of issues.
NIBA works with governments and regulators to ensure that the effects of proposed reforms on brokers, their clients and the broader insurance market are fully understood.
Some of the key areas of activity in which NIBA is currently or has recently been involved include:
- The Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
- The ACCC Inquiry into the Northern Australia Insurance Market
- The Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements
- Unfair Contract Terms regulations
- Design and Distribution Obligations regulations
- Ongoing calls for reform of insurance taxes in Australia, so that insurance policyholders pay a single transaction tax
- NSW Independent Bushfire Inquiry
- NSW Department of Treasury 2020 Small Business Strategy
- Review of worker’s compensation in New South Wales
- Broker training products review and reforms
NIBA regularly makes formal submissions to governments and regulators on these and other matters. Our submissions are available to members and the public on the Government Submissions page. NIBA is constantly looking to advocate for its members if there is an area that concerns you, or you would like to provide feedback to a current inquiry please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.